It is always fun to pack up the kids and head to the cabin, but the first time after the winter thaw is always special. Look at the Payette!! There is more water coming...
This looks like a great place for a potty break, we don't care about the hundreds of Memorial Day Holiday travelers behind us. We are Thibadeau's and we let it all hang out.
Oh... upon arrival at the cabin I see a few Daffodills have survived last years lawn demolition and have bloomed in the gravel. I would like to make some great analogy here to life, but I won't.
The mosquitos are out in full force, but that doesn't keep Bella and Lili from waiting for "Foxy".
And here he is... or one of them, there are a few who have figured out that summer cabin dwellers always have left overs. Our foxes prefer a raw egg.
After a nod of the head, signifying a "Thank you", Foxy retreats to a super secret hiding spot to bury his treasure.
The braver Foxy gets, the braver Maddy gets - even Uncle Eric's warning of rabies, scabies and dementia couldn't stop us from hand feeding any fox who came along.
Well, maybe, a little dementia has set in...
After a fun filled evening with the Thibadeau Gang, Tami, Tanja and I stayed up until 2 a.m. doing what we do best: talking and laundry. Tanja had to stop for a potty break and when Tami and I heard, "Oh, Happy Day", we just thought it was her sleeping medication kicking in.
Not the case, the washing machine leaked tanks and tanks of water all over the floor, kitchen, bathroom, utility room, and even on into the outdoors.
We did the best we could, but had to wake Brian up (Pat was too far gone in his medication induced sleep and trapped in his "Silence of the Lambs" C-Pap machine.) I can't repeat what Brian said, my babies read this...
I have learned to be careful what you pray for. There was visqueen a plenty at the cabin due to painting in the works and hopes of new carpet. Well, looks like the cabin is getting new carpet. I would like to take credit because I was doing the wash.
Pictures really don't do the damage justice, but I have them for insurance reasons. I forgot to mention that we were ALL on sleeping pills that night (I know, druggies), but after all the excitement of the Great Flood, our meds wore off. Luckily, Hanne sent up some Benadryl and we girls ended the night with a shot. Now that's good times.
Nothing can stop us from having a great time, wet carpet or stinky ripped up carpet. Thanks, Eric, for the gentle love you give Katie. She is our special one.
The first dip of the season in Cascade Lake. I always let the kids have that pleasure while I watch.
Some of the crew, dang we are a cute family.Sweet. Really.
Tami and Brian seem to have lost their minds and got kittens. They were so fun to have at the cabin to entertain the kiddos while the Hazmat Team was there, but, I'm sorry, their room stunk. The combination of dirty kids, bug spray, a cat box and wet cat food was too much for me. I say congrats to the Hidden Springs Thibadeaus for turning over a very adventurous leaf.
I'll visit when the kitties are on dry food...
Chloe and Maddy doing what they do best, whatever that is.
I headed home a day early to be an extremely good wife and mother and cook about 60 freezer meals well into the wee hours of the morning. I am glad to see my babies got a good dose of the outdoors before returning home.
Tami and Brian seem to have lost their minds and got kittens. They were so fun to have at the cabin to entertain the kiddos while the Hazmat Team was there, but, I'm sorry, their room stunk. The combination of dirty kids, bug spray, a cat box and wet cat food was too much for me. I say congrats to the Hidden Springs Thibadeaus for turning over a very adventurous leaf.I'll visit when the kitties are on dry food...
Chloe and Maddy doing what they do best, whatever that is.
I headed home a day early to be an extremely good wife and mother and cook about 60 freezer meals well into the wee hours of the morning. I am glad to see my babies got a good dose of the outdoors before returning home.Thank you, Thibadeau Cabin, for the great time and memories - Here's to more.

6 comments:
Good stuff S. And OMG I made the blog!
the fox, the flood, the smells, I feel like I was there...looks like fun!
Can I come live with you guys? I am on drugs too, I swear I would fit right in!! I could even sleep with the foxes until you house train me!?
Look at that river! That's a kayaker's dream. Sorry about the flood. I have a dishwasher that leaks into the parking garage below me. I deny it's me when I run the dishwasher.
Did pat hold you like that so you could go to the bathroom. It sure is challenging being a girl sometimes.
What an eventful crazy weekend! And 60 freezer meals?? Are you still on some kind of medication??
Post a Comment