
My girls were driving me nuts about getting our Christmas tree up the minute the Thanksgiving turkey was put in the fridge. I love decorating for Christmas, I just don't like hauling everything down from the attic and putting away half my house to make room for all our holiday
bling. I finally gave in, but told the girls they would have to put the tree together without me (I do it EVERY year). They did a great job, and were so excited they moved on to the lights. They strung them
haphazardly around the tree and then plugged them in - and half of them did not work. So I got to
unstring and
detangle lights, hit Target late at night for more and finish the lighting myself. Each Christmas, the Tree has a story...

Maddy and Katie were in heaven as they pulled out each ornament and said, "Oh, I remember this ornament, it is one Santa gave me! Look, mom - I made this one! Mom do you remember...?" It really is a magical time, I am grateful I have children in my home to remind me what all this ruckus is about.

Poor Bella. She fell asleep after the late night Target run and woke up in a bad mood. She tortured us all by pushing her toy Rudolph's nose to make him sing. Over and over and over...

I decided to spruce things up by hanging icicle lights from my front room windows. I liked them so much, I have kept them up as part of my every day decor.

The tree is still looking a bit Charlie Brownish. I have this grand tree pictured in mind, all gold and red with white lights... but my kids hate that imaginary tree and we have a
hodge podge one instead. And it is beautiful.

Our Santa tree topper also broke this year, so I am trying to jam this new star on top. By this time the kids have totally lost interest and have left me with a huge mess and a ton of boxes to sort through. Oh well, I'll deck these halls!
3 comments:
I love that you are posting about Christmas in February...better late than never. Isn't that the truth...the kids are all gung-ho and then they fizzle out after 15 minutes and everything is disorganized ciaos and it takes twice as long to find and put it all up. Oh well, memories I guess.
I met your evil twin last week, Selina! She is a bit younger than you, but she is a definite match, appearance wise. She works at Texas Roadhouse, and don't worry, I gave her a decent tip. (We were spending some holiday gift cards) Your post just reminded me of that night out.
Weird, I have a twin here as well. Makes me wonder....
Post a Comment