Tales of Thibadeau

Welcome to Tales of Thibadeau, I hope my sweet family enjoys seeing and remembering all of our antics and adventures. There is never an ordinary day in our home, and even if there was I would want to remember every second of it. I love my family and thank Heaven for them everyday. XOXO, Selina



Sunday, March 8, 2009

Run!! It's Gonna' Blow!!

This is the backside of my darling brother, Taylor - or "T" as he is known to us. After a funny incident while digging in our yard he refused to show his face on film...
Here's the story. The house to left of us has been vacant for a while or occupied with short term renters. Along the driveway the house has rocks that run along our property line that is grass. The rocks have always been an issue, because they get in our yard and then get in our lawn mower and then, almost, get in an eye. My kids love those rocks and play in them often. I try to be respectful of others property, but as any busy mom of little ones know, those darn kids can get out of the house quick. Well, someone finally bought the house - YEAH! - but my kids have already been in trouble with the Grandpa, who is living there with his wife, children and grandchildren, for making a mess of the rocks. So as a protection to myself and the cuties in my care I decided to have a fence built between the houses to solve the great "Rock Problem." The only problem is that Pat and my brother (who built the fence for us) totally forgot to call Dig Line.
This could be a very long story, so let me make it as short and to the point as possible.
1. Pat is gone taking the kids to dance (except Katie, who had a psychotic episode that we hope we will never see again)
2. As T is digging holes for the fence posts, he hits a gas line.
3. I hear a great and terrible hiss.
4. I see my brother running for his life and yelling for me to call someone.
5. I have a house full of kids.
6. I tell Bella and my niece, Anna, to run to the neighbors and stay there because we have an "EMERGENCY".
7. I run screaming through the house because I thought it was going to blow up.
8. I grabbed Kingston, who was only in his diaper, a bottle and his formula and threw him in the car.
9. I grabbed Lili and threw her into the car.
10. Oh, crap. I forgot Katie was in her room for a very long timeout - shoot, gotta' grab her.
11. I get in the car and tell T "Good Luck, I'm getting out of here."
12. Forgot my fountain Pepsi, had to run back in the house to get it.
13. Picked up Anna and Bella from the Coltrin's, who were FABULOUS, by the way.
14. Called my sister in hysterics because my house is going to explode.
15. Drove like a mad woman to Chris Nelson's and was unable to explain coherently why me and all these crazy kids were on her doorstep.
16. All the while, T is running around the cul-de-sac to make sure no one was smoking, and I think he started to cry a little bit...
FINALLY, the gas company arrives. I think the gas guy thinks I'm funny (not in a good way).
NO, the house isn't going to blow up, but if it was, the LAST thing I should have done was start my car that was in the garage.
The cause of all the noise, excitement and maybe a little wee wee in the undies.
There is a fine for hitting a gas line, but the Gas Guy waived it because he thought I was the best, most beautiful mother ever.
Ok, not really. Pat returned home and he and T helped the Gas Guy find and repair a leak. Thanks Gas Guy whoever you are (he wouldn't let me take a picture - so all you see here is his rear). Oh, I forgot to mention Grandpa next door was totally involved in every step and put in his two cents... That was fun.
Here's my baby bro, back at work. He is so darn cute, a very close resemblance to Matt Damon. Sorry, ladies, he is taken.
Yes, the fence is almost done and along with the privacy and no more rocks, I had a great story to blog about.
I love you Taylor. Sorry I left you to die in the explosion - wasn't thinking straight. I know I saved my Pepsi and not you, but I still love you. (Although, obviously, not as much as my fountain Pepsi). Funny thing is, Bella is convinced Taylor hit a Big Red Emergency Button and asks us daily why he would do such a thing.

6 comments:

Andersons said...

I just love #12. Every man for himself! :-)

And congratulations (??) on the new neighbors.

john family said...

you are sooooooo very funny. i just wished i could be as cool as you.

Jody said...

I wish I had been there to capture it all on video. Hilarious!

Beverly said...

That is hysterical! Love your story and by the way..I'm sure your beauty helped in the nice gas man waiving your fine..maybe a few tears may have helped. I like to use that one myself , however never works when I get a speeding ticket. I don't get it..my husband gets out of it every time. Oh well! Great story and glad there was no blowup in the neighborhood! LOL :)

This Idaho Girl said...

Oh geeze, Taylor. I totally would have gone back for my fountain drink as well. Glad no one was seriously injured. Just like a man not to call the gas company.

The Gundies said...

It just goes to show you never ever push the BIG RED button! We could learn a lot from our children.